Web Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Samoa Sheet Cake

If all the versions I've made of Texas Sheet Cake are any indication, we all know of my fondness for easy-to-make chocolate fudge cakes. This is that and so much more. As always, I never actually bake the cake in a sheet pan so I've modified the directions slightly. Instead, I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan because that gives the right amount of cake thickness to me. I kept the frosting amount the same this time and that turned out okay too. 




 Do not skip the step about toasting the coconut. It gives the cake a nice crunch and provides a great contrast with the gritty sweetness of the frosting. The chocolate and caramel drizzled on top just push this cake over the edge and I made the leap right along with it. As long as I have this cake, I'll never eat a Samoa cookie again.

Get the recipe here >> Samoa Sheet Cake @ chef-in-training.com

===============================